Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Be Careful Out There

Sometimes I write. This one is about my personal experience of 1 Peter 5:8.

The Evil One

did not know the evil one
was everywhere around me
could not see his wretched fangs
dripping with saliva

couldn’t hear his stealth approach
or smell his death stench breath
didn’t feel my skin crawl
as he crouched on cat spring legs

distracted by the vanity
of material existence
staggering drunk but craving
unquenching selfish pleasures

then the shock of swift slapped face
a tragic turn of fortune
until that needful day
when survival only mattered

seeking now the hand
of Him who made it all
the evil one is out there
and I am very small

Hey, let's pay attention and be careful out there. Otherwise, we just might be devoured.

No comments:

Post a Comment