Friday, April 4, 2008

How Does This Happen?

A common question intended to poke fun at me is, "Do you know how many dogs are in your house...right now?"

That amuses my friends because Janet is a dog rescuer and foster parent. In addition to our own pack, we usually have one or more other furry rascals that do not belong here. It is common for me to come home to yet another pathetic creature needing love. Speaking of pathetic creatures, this is what I found when I came home from work today.

 


No, we didn't get a new furry rascal today. We were blessed with...count 'em...three. What joy. I could hardly contain my glee.

I'm told that they must be bottle fed until they are "about the size of a baseball". Then they can be "released to the wild". Yep...all that effort, concern, and tender care just to cultivate a larger lunch for a hawk.

 


Seriously, that's another thing I admire about Janet. She has a deep concern for animals, including wildlife. Those hawks have been looking a little scrawny lately.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment