Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ezekiel Highlight

My beloved is really disappointed when my posts do not include a photo. Tonight as the sun was tickling the horizon, I made my way around the 3-mile loop and snapped a few photos. I let her pick her favorite.

Now maybe she'll read the rest of this post.

The main reason for writing is to provide an Ezekiel study update. Basically, that first chapter was hard to wrap my imagination around. I was really tempted to call in some kind of study aid, but I pushed on through it. By the time you get to chapter 7, it is rather clear that God wants Ezekiel to communicate that Israel has been evil and that He plans to visit them with grievous punishment. Some of the things in the book lend themselves to some pondering (perhaps a challenge for those of you that feel a need for continuous entertainment), but when God has evil to deal with,...

"My eye will show no pity nor will I spare. I will repay you according to your ways, while your abominations are in your midst; then you will know that I, the Lord, do the smiting." (Ez. 7:9)

...the message is very plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment