Monday, June 20, 2011

Pondering Perspectives


As I've said numerous prior times, a ride around the block for me is 3 miles. I've referred to this, which is one of my favorite rides, the 3-mile loop. And as I've said before, I often take advantage of just a few minutes to get out on the bike and enjoy that wondrous sensation of balance and momentum.



I like to track how the views change from season to season, and as weather conditions change from hour to hour. In fact, seasonal changes in combination with lighting variations during the day can call attention to things I've never seen before. Delightful new discoveries in the midst of the familiar. Like marriage, for example.



Even looking different directions from one spot can make a huge difference. Right here on my charming 3-mile loop, and just around the corner from my little house on the prairie, is this one little spot, from which all three of these photos were taken...within minutes...all within 45 degrees of the compass, looking west, west-northwest, and northwest.

Sometimes I am perhaps, too easily amused.

6 comments:

  1. Chris,
    Man those photos are quite nice!
    What make is the tail light, Spanniga? Thx!

    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. There is a farm across the road from me that is a similar visual catalogue for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too easily amused? I think that beats too hard to amuse...

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is something really special about being able to both enjoy and be satisfied by simple things; which are often right in front of us. That is one of the characteristics which continue to draw me to your blog, Chris. Hope you keep it going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your own little slice of heaven on earth. At the pearly gates, when you're asked to pick out your mansion, I suspect your thoughts will go back to a little house on the prairie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe too easily impressed. I know I am.

    ReplyDelete