Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Things you might see...


...if you ride with me.

One of the great things about the bicycle is its pace. It seems to me a perfect balance of movement and the ability to spot detail. One can cover great distances and access numerous interesting sights, but at a rate sufficiently slow to actually SEE them. Seeing is the only part I can share here, but the pace of the bicycle surely calls into service the other senses as well. Those who travel exclusively by automobile tragically lose touch.

In the slide show above, there are a few of the things you would see...if you ride with me. If you were to join me for a ramble through northwest Denton County, you'd see vast pastures and small flowers by the roadside. You'd see a hawk perched high on lonely windmill. You'd see fences, barns, horses, cows...and well...you'd see me. Sorry. Riding with me has it's advantages to be sure, but it's not perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment