Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Amazing New Technology

I've been fortunate enough to become acquainted with an amazing new technology. It can be used for entertainment and education purposes. There are no advertisements. It includes the ability to pause, replay, and fast forward instantly. Use is practically intuitive and no instruction manual is required. When using it, it will not distract or disturb those nearby. It promotes creativity instead of suppressing it. It's portable so you can take it practically anywhere. It incorporates wireless technology. In fact, it requires no energy source to run and there is no monthly subscription. Cost varies by model, but most are less than $30. And here is one of the most amazing features of all...you are not even required to buy one to use one.

The book.

I've tried this device quite a bit lately and have found it vastly superior to television and recommend it highly. Here are a few books that I've recently found encouraging.

Margin: Restoring Emotional, Physical, Financial, and Time Reserves to Overloaded Lives, by Dr. Richard Swenson

The Overload Syndrome: Learning to Live Within Your Limits, by Dr. Richard Swenson

Life is So Good, by George Dawson and Richard Glaubman

The Bible, by God

I've just started a book called, Freedom of Simplicity, Finding Harmony in a Complex World, by Richard J. Foster, and it is so good already, I'm pretty sure you'll hear more about it from me later.

Yeah...what can I say, I'm quite the techno-geek.

No comments:

Post a Comment