Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Project Bike Schwinn



Gotta new fixed gear bike conversion candidate. The plan is to use this frame to replace my smaller Trek 510 frame for a better fit. The problem is I can't decide whether this frame, which might be a step down in quality, would be disappointing after riding the Trek.


I put some platform pedals on and rode it for a few minutes yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by the ride quality and I was very pleased with the fit. However, as shown above, it weighed in at 27 pounds, so I'm still debating on whether to invest time and money on this one.


Note the photo showing the kickstand. Wow, what a concept. Like some of those other things (like lights and fenders) that my race bikes are way-too-cool for, it works pretty well.








No comments:

Post a Comment