Friday, September 28, 2012

Blessing Reminders


Although Mrs. Pondero rages against grasshoppers on the premises, she adores me (yeah, I can't explain it either) and puts up with me storing a gravel dust encrusted bicycle indoors.  It leans against the back of the couch in the middle of our combo kitchen/dining/living room.

The front door opens to the east, the back door opens to the west, and both doors have large glass "windows" in their upper halves.  So when the sun is rising or setting, much of the room is in shadows.  But there is a beam of sunlight that points directly to my bicycle.  When it glows thusly, I hear an angelic choir.  

It is as if the finger of God is pointing at one of His gifts to me saying, "Remember how blessed you are."

He actually points much more frequently to Mrs. Pondero with such reminders, but she's not one to sit and pose for photos like the vain Quickbeam. 

4 comments:

  1. I had long ago concluded that Mrs. Pondero was a primary blessing in your life. I can see it in the way you subtly reference her from time to time.
    I too am similarly blessed.
    Cheers to the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Mrs. Pondero is willing to sit there with the sun in her eyes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Actually, Mrs. Pondero doesn't sit much. She's almost always on the move.

    ReplyDelete