Tuesday, January 29, 2008

He Said/She Said

He said,

“The wrong party is leading this country. I don’t like the direction we’re going. There are too many unsolved problems and they aren’t spending the money properly. I think things are getting worse. I wonder if we will ever get this turned around.”


She said,

“I love you.”


He said,

“I don’t like the climate here. It’s too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. I don’t think it is the best place to live. Besides, we don’t have many close friends and our neighbors are crazy. Maybe we should go somewhere else.”


She said,

“I love you.”


He said,

“My boss is a tyrant. He makes my job miserable. He wants more and more from me and where is the reward? I don’t see any potential for advancement and I’m sick of the internal political games. I don’t know how much longer I can take this.”


She said,

“I love you.”


He said,

“I love the kids…really I do. But it seems that we are so busy all the time and spending so much money. When will we ever have the freedom to do other things? Maybe things will be better then.”


She said,

“I love you.”


He said,

“I’m not sure about the new preacher. He talks too long and rambles too much. I wish he would get to the point. I have a hard time following him, my mind wanders, and am not getting much out of the sermons.”


She said,

“I love you.”


He said,

“My back just isn’t working well anymore. It seems like I’m in pain constantly. I can’t do as much as I once did. I wish I could do fun things again.”


She said,

“I love you.”


He said,

“Why is life such a struggle? It seems we can’t save money and can’t afford to have nice things. It is all we can do to keep the old cars working, pay the bills, and keep the weather out of the house. We can’t seem to make any progress and improve our lifestyle. Why can’t we do the things that other people do?”


She said,

“If my love is not enough for you…

…then what else can I do?”

No comments:

Post a Comment