Sunday, April 18, 2010

Why?

My non-local friends might wonder why there's no photo with this post. That's easy, it was raining.

My north Texas area friends might wonder why I was out riding on a day like this. Especially since the forecast for tomorrow looks much nicer than 53 degrees, gusty NE wind, and rain. The answer to that question is a little more involved, but not too far out there. Many who question my decision will surely understand that after 5 days off the bike, the only way to purge a punishing work week is an encounter with the elements. Besides, tomorrow, even with its favorable weather forecast, remains uncertain.

So I pointed my front wheel northward, put my head down, squinted my eyes, pushed the right crank arm down, and glided out of the garage...

After being out there for just a little while, I was reminded that there are a multitude of other reasons why that are much harder to articulate to the non-bicyclist. Why? Well, it's hard to describe.

Come with me, and I'll SHOW you.

6 comments:

  1. Myself, I invariably push the left crank arm down. Otherwise, the sentiments are much the same...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you are right. It's a bike thing. There's nothing like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris,

    Just a note to let you know that I stumbled upon your site today and enjoyed browsing through it. Hope you don't mind me adding you as a link to www.springfieldcyclist.com.

    Keep on riding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Tracy. It appears we have more than one thing in common.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris, I have no doubts whatsoever why.

    ReplyDelete