Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Moving Marcie


Janet keeps bringing these forlorned, pitiful creatures into my house. This one's name is Marcie, the Rat Terrior. Marcie, like the whole lot of 'em, is a furry rascal.


Janet thinks Marcie likes me. She keeps referring to Marcie as, "your dog". Let me make one thing perfectly clear, I don't have a dog. I don't need a dog. I don't want a dog. There are...well, I don't exactly know how many, except to say TOO MANY...dogs in MY house already.


The thing is, Marcie does like to curl up and nap on my pajamas laying on the floor in my closet. She does greet me at the door when I come home. She sort of runs up to me and flops on her back trying to get me to rub her tummy. If I back up a few steps, she'll scoot along on her side and roll onto her back again, showing me her tummy. Persistent about that, she is. Marcie tends to find whatever piece of furniture I'm sitting on and joins me there.


Well, I guess if that means anything maybe she does have some fondness for me. I can't figure out why. I certainly have not encouraged it. Sometimes, you've just got to put an end to a relationship before it gets out of hand. Take this time for instance. It's time to move Marcie.

Normally, Janet does a pretty good job of finding homes for these furry rascals. In this case, however, I think she's a little amused by Marcie's behavior and not really putting out her best effort. It's time for a man to take matters into his own hands. That is why me and Marcie had a little photo session today. These photos were contrived to make her look as cute and adorable as possible so someone out there might be smitten by her charm (as if she had any) and seek to adopt her. I told Marcie I was going to put her photos on my desk at work so she'd cooperate. She doesn't need to know that you can find out more about adopting Marcie (and making my life simpler)by going to Petfinder. I don't think Marcie really wrote all that stuff about herself, but it is amazingly accurate.


Janet says Marcie is my dog, but really she's just a furry rascal.

2 comments:

  1. Marcie is a cute rat terrier. I have a 2 year old male rattie named Bob. You should check out the www.rat-terrier.com site to gain a better appreciation of the rat terrier and to network on getting Marcie a new home, although it sounds like she's picked you out to be her daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestions, but I just can't get past the sound of "Bob and Marcie". I'll bet they would look great together too.

    ReplyDelete